dodo_mi commented on a Page, Scroll Append - Inifinite/Endless Scroll  -  Mar 25, 2014

first of all thanks a lot for your great job!
I need the page refresh everytime I call it so I tried 2 ways:
adding a random number in the params option;
setting disableCache = true.
I noted a strange behaviour using Safari: in both cases I cannot go back to the exact position of the list.
example at http://www.sgpitalia.com
could You please help me?

Hawkee  -  Mar 25, 2014

If you disable the cache it won't go back to the same place. The cache is what allows you to go back to the same place.

dodo_mi  -  Mar 25, 2014

thanks for your quick response!
I know it but with other browsers I've no problem. in any case I need that a page is refreshed every time it's called: you can see I created a child function "clearOldHome" that clear cache without checking expireCacheMins. my problem is I don't know when I've to call it..

Hawkee  -  Mar 25, 2014

Why would you need to clear the cache outside of the expireCacheMins window? You could just set that value lower. The problem with disabling or clearing the cache is pressing the back button to get back to the page will always start it at the beginning.

dodo_mi  -  Mar 28, 2014

hawkee, thanks a lot!
Is there a way (method) to call the append command manually?
I've tried triggering the #scroll_append_more button ($('#scroll_append_more').trigger('click') or $('#scroll_append_more').click()) but nothing happens.. any suggests?

Hawkee  -  Mar 28, 2014

Why would you want to append manually? I didn't provide a mechanism for that.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.