Yawhatnever commented on a Page, jaytea's Highlight Thing  -  May 09, 2012

edited:

Ok, so I tracked down a bug that happened literally on my first test message of the highlight window. I was using mibbit to test and it seemed to be failing to change colors and be clickable for some of the lines.

Eventually I realized it was because mibbit adds another space after tabbing a name. Consecutive spaces and trailing spaces are causing $fline to fail on the hotlink because the line in the hash has had the extra spaces stripped out during /hl_addLine.

I managed to find a workaround by replacing the extra $chr(32) with $chr(160) and then replacing them back for $hl_findLine so that the line would change colors and was clickable, but again ran into mIRC stripping all of the spaces for /findtext :(

I can't find any way to manipulate a window to scroll to the correct line to avoid /findtext (somebody suggested $com but it took 7 seconds to scroll 1500 lines) and I also can't figure out any way to keep /findtext from stripping the extra spaces. Using ctrl+f with multiple consecutive spaces does work, so I think I'll try to use sendKeys for that (I barely understand COM yet :( )

It wasn't your fault, just "mIRC being an asshole" (direct quote).

Beautiful script though, I learned a lot just figuring out how it works :P

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.