IllogicTC commented on a Page, Away Popup Menu  -  Dec 09, 2011

Does using && and || within one paranthesis actually work? I thought you had to separate them.

For example: Say I want to check if %x is greater than 3, and %y is less than 2. Your method would have me doing this:

if (%x > 3 && %y < 2)

Didn't know this works. I thought you have to separate different comparisons like so:

if (%x > 3) && (%y < 2)

And the reason Jethro asks about your identifiers is if you don't have an alias called pager to return something, it won't work. Jethro gives good advice, and it's better if you follow his advice or at least remember it for the next time rather than raging. Posting your scripts on here can either garner you praise or criticism, you'll have to learn to accept both.

Like so: You have no colon between nn and tt in the $time() identifiers? So instead of saying 09:27:33, it would say 09:2733 which would look off.

Also, without alias pager { } somewhere to return something for the ident, this script is broken. There's also no need to unset a variable just to reset it in the next line (unset %away.pager set %away.pager inthe away alias.) As for setting %nick2, you could just use a variable, or just /nick $+($me,[away]).

I understand you have pride in your work, but we're telling you these things so you can strive to make even better work.

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.