Lucius commented on a Page, mIRC Coder tools  -  Nov 30, 2011

You mean things like:
%IPtrack. [ $+ [ $nick ] ]
%adminpass. [ $+ [ $nick ] ]

True enough, but also not all variables need that 2 point style, what about simple counters which only need one?
Or 3point ones like: %autopass. [ $+ [ $server ] . $+ [ $nick ]
(take note of that people, thats the kind of thing you need to stop you failing OPER when you connect to another server, I still have my autokill on failed oper. And I still use it.)

The way you have it now is permenantly set to 2point variables.
So something like %lolcount would become %lolcount.info and unusable (although it would be simpler to use /set
I understand that you meant it to help a standardised variable set, but isn't it better that everyone has their own style of doing it? Thats one of the reasons vars don't overlap across scripts very often.

If I was to consider using that, I'd need it to be multiple optional. $setvar(blah blarg blah INFO,3) or $setvar(blah blarg bleh 4th_option, INFO) etc which would make it recognise %how.many.are.needed for the variable in question.
For games on bots especially I can see this having a use once it isn't so restricted.
%uno.$nick.wins
%uno.$server.$nick.wins
for example.

It's just too simplified right now to be a properly useful tool. It's a 2.point or nothing type of alias.

That said I apologise for my inital derogatory post, it has more use than I expected but it's got more potential as more of an intermediate/advanced use for bot game coders than an initial help.

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.