Jethro commented on a Page, !BroCode bot script  -  Mar 30, 2010

Yeah well, using text file is a good choice. And If I had to use it, I'd do it with:

on *:text:$($strip(!brocode)):#:.play -r # bro.txt 2000

Rather than just using:> msg # $read(bro.txt)
The -r switch will force mirc to play a message randomly. I like the fact that it uses a timer delay and it's adjustable. In the above example, I set it to 2000 milliseconds, which is a 2 second delay.

Put all the messages as such in a text file called bro.txt line by line:> 04THE GOLDEN RULE (Article 1): 14Bros before hoes. Always remember, girlfriends come and go, but your boys are always there. Breaking this rule is to commit the cardinal sin against Team Testosterone.
04Article 2: 14A Bro is always entitled to do something stupid, as long as the rest of his Bros are doing it.
04Article 3: 14If a Bro gets a dog, it must be at least as tall as his knee when full-grown.
04Article 4: 14A Bro never divulges the existence of the Bro Code to a woman. It is a sacred document not to be shared with chicks for any reason...no, not even that reason.But I don't like to store a text file and increase its size over time by adding more messages. I tend to favor the use of sockets to fetch a random line from a site and output it in a channel.

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.