Superior commented on a Page, IRCManager1.33  -  Sep 21, 2008

I really dont understand why you make the text boxes in the dialog table and then fill them with the text in dialog events instead of in the table.

If I see how I used the text boxes and how you are using them, I fully agree that you are using them much more efficient. I will certainly do something with this on the next update.

You should consider using $inputs for warnings such as the "Please select a server" warning that appears when they try and instead of reserving space in the dialog for an empty text box that isnt needed unless an error is made.

You remind me of something I didn't use for a very long time. At the moment I saw the word "$input", I thought: "God damn, that was what I was searching for..." :P

I also don't understand why you make those silly looking up and down buttons for your list instead of using the verticle scrollbar option in the list.

Those up and down buttons aren't for scrolling, but to re-order the servers. You will join the first server first, then the second, etc...

I noticed you have a timer unsetting that needs to be silenced. To silence it, put a . in front of the timer command, i.e. .timer 0 1 echo -a hi. Which will stop " 0 timer(s) matching ircm halted" from showing up in the status window.

Great!

I also noticed than you dont have an event on unload that unsets the left over variables so you may want to add that as well.

This will be available in, one of the, next updates. I already worked on something like an 'Uninstall' option!

Don't worry, I am not thinking that you are nailing me. I posted this script here, so that I can learn more. Like the '.' in front of the timer. I saw that box fields can be used on a much better way. I really appreciate your reply.
I will re-design the dialog, with the things that I learned from your reply. I am not going to copy yours, but you showed me a very very good example. Hopefully I can beat you in one of the next updates! Thanks Typo!

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.