voops   -  Dec 29, 2013

Not sure how many of you are familiar with Twitch. I'm looking for a way to tell who has been timed out in a Twitch chat, on IRC. It notifies me when I have timed someone out, but not when someone's been timed out by someone other than myself. I use IRC for chat moderation purposes and am rarely on the actual Twitch Chat anymore, so I'd like to be able to tell when someone's already been timed out by another mod. If anyone has any ideas, let me know please.

Yawhatnever  -  Dec 29, 2013

The only way I know of would be to send the command /twitchclient 2 when you connect so that you'll see the clearchat message sent from jtv when a user gets timed out. Other than that I don't think you have any options.

voops  -  Dec 29, 2013

Is there a way I could use the text from the privmsg jtv sends in an on *:text: command to trigger a response echo?

Yawhatnever  -  Dec 29, 2013

Yes, use on :text::?: or on ^:open::?: and check if ($nick == jtv)
jtv doesn't send channel context, so if you're on more than one channel per connection it might not work so well.

voops  -  Dec 30, 2013

Ahh that works. Thanks man.

voops  -  Jan 01, 2014

Now is there a way I can send the /twitchclient 2 command to jtv everytime I start mIRC. I know how to do the on *:start: { and all that but I'm not sure how to send a command to jtv using that, or if I just have to do it manually each time.

Yawhatnever  -  Jan 01, 2014

on *:connect:

voops  -  Jan 02, 2014

right, right. but how do I send the /twitchclient 2 command to jtv on *:connect: it doesn't seem to work as .twitchclient 2 like other twitch related commands, which is how I figured I could send it, so I'm at a loss.

Yawhatnever  -  Jan 02, 2014

on *:connect:twitchclient 2

If you need more help I think it would be easier to ask in #mSL on irc.swiftirc.net

voops  -  Jan 02, 2014

Ok, will do :) Thanks for all your help.

voops  -  Jan 02, 2014

on :OPEN:?:: {
if ($nick == jtv) {
/twitchclient 2
halt
}
}

this seemed to work better. The on *:connect: worked but wouldn't load the nick list afterwards for some reason. Probably just an error on my end. Anyways, thanks for taking the time to help me.

Twitch does not send join/part messages after you send TWITCHCLIENT 2, which is why you weren't seeing the nick list. By waiting for a query from jtv you had probably already sent a JOIN command before sending TWITCHCLIENT 2, so you received the NAMES response. Without join/part messages being sent the nick list will quickly become stale anyway, so there's not much use in seeing it. An on connect event is still the most logical place for sending the command.

I think there might also be TWITCHCLIENT 1, but I don't know what differences there are (if any). I have joins/parts halted so I haven't checked if they're sent. If they are not sent and you want both an updated nick list and to see clearchat messages, then you will probably need to come up with some workaround involving two or more server connections to the same channel.

voops  -  Jan 02, 2014

Without the nicklist it won't show who the ops are in the channel and then it won't allow them to use the bot commands.

Yeah, twitch is a pain in the butt.

The ops list is also unreliable even under normal circumstances because sometimes twitch sends a PART followed quickly by a JOIN for a user, but doesn't send another +o mode unless they sent -o. Due to the part, mIRC no longer thinks the nick is an op. I ended up just storing the mods list separately by keeping track of the +o/-o sent (which as far as I can tell has always been accurate). mIRC annoyingly enough doesn't trigger deop events when a user is no longer in the channel, so I ended up using a signal event with /debug -i on connect.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.