Battle Arena version 2.0
Published Jul 15, 2012
Updated May 04, 2013
*** May 4, 2013: There's a bug in version 2.0 with the new_chr file. I've uploaded a temporary fix til 2.1 is finished. Just unzip it over the old one. Any characters made before this bug will either need to be manually fixed or erased and recreated. To manually fix, open it and scroll to the bottom: look for [equipment] and change head/body/legs/feet/hands from 'none' to 'nothing' I'll also release a beta on my forum that will fix it, if you'd rather download and install that: http://tinyurl.com/battlearena2-1developthrd
-- The beta will make it so you don't have to manually edit files.
Battle Arena is an mIRC game in which you join and kill monsters and bosses to gain orbs and new weapons/skills/techniques. It’s similar to DMC, as that’s really the inspiration I drew from when I started working on it, but it includes more than just DMC monsters/bosses/weapons/items. The whole purpose was to make an mIRC game that is completely automated in terms of the battle system. There doesn’t need to be a DM around to do !next and control monsters, like in my other major mIRC bot (“Kaiou”).
Here players join the battle when the bot announces an open battle. After a few minutes, it will generate monsters/bosses and have them join the battle and the battle will start. When it’s a monster’s or boss’ turn, they will automatically do their things. When it’s the player’s turn, there’s a few commands you can do (attack with a weapon, attack with a technique, do a skill, use an item). If the player idles for too long the bot will force their turn and skip over them. This is done so that someone can’t disappear for an hour and cause the battle to drag on forever.
There’s a bunch of weapons that can be bought and each weapon has a few techniques attached to them. Unlike in Kaiou, you can’t make your own techniques but rather have to buy them using red orbs that you earn from battle. You buy weapons using black orbs when you obtain via winning boss fights and being alive at the end of one.
That’s really the gist of what the bot is.
The zip contains everything you need to run the game. Make sure you unzip it into a folder like C:\BattleArena\ and if you need help, read the README.txt that's included. If that's not enough help: http://tinyurl.com/7h7mme8
read through this thread as that might help you out.
VERSION 2.0 changes/additions/fixes
Due to the size of the changelog, I won't post everything here. If you want to see the full list go here: http://tinyurl.com/battlearena2-0changelog
The following list is just some of the bigger changes/additions/fixes:
* New DCC Chat Version
If you're interested in having epic battles with tons of monsters and the ability to have people connect to the game from different servers this mode is for you! By setting DCC Chat mode on in system.dat (in [system] BotType=DCCchat) the bot will now connect to everyone using DCC Chat. Unfortunately it means that Mibbit and several other clients will no longer be able to play, so keep that in mind before you go switching it. On the plus side, the game can handle many more monsters and players without fear of being disconnected for flood control.
There's also two DCC Chat exclusive commands: !toggle battle chat and !who's online !toggle battle chat will turn on/off the battle chat. When on, you'll see the battle chat stuff even if you're not in the battle itself. When off, you shouldn't see most of it. !who's online will tell you who's online in-game currently and if they're in battle or not.
* New Damage Formulas
This version of the bot dumps the version 1.0-1.5 battle formulas for melee and techs and introduces two new formulas. Bot Admins can use !toggle Battle Formula to switch between them. Formula 2 is the default.
Added armor! Basic armor can be found in chests, middle grade armor can be crafted and higher level armor can be found via special battlefield bosses. To wear armor use: !wear armor name to remove: !remove armor name. Likewise, accessories have changed slightly and you must use !wear accessory name or !remove accessory name to wear/remove them.
Added the Augment system. Augments can be considered special enhancements to a player that may enhance certain skills, damages and other abilities. Players have the ability to equip a weapon with an augment on their own, and a lot of middle/high grade armor will have augments already equipped. For weapons, first a player must obtain a RUNE (found on bosses and in silver chests). Once the player has one, he/she may use the command !augment add (weapon) (rune) to equip it. Later, if a better augment comes up or if he/she changes his/her mind, the player may use !augment remove (weapon) to remove it. ** Runes are lost upon use and will not be returned when it's unaugmented. Use !augment by itself to see a list of equipped augments. Most augments stack and will give better results. Players can use !augment strength to see what the current strength of all currently activated augments.
Added a new stat: Ignition Gauge. Players can see their current ignition gauge by using !ig or !ignition gauge. IG can be bought via the shop with !buy stats IG # Unlike hp/tp, buying them won't full the gauge to full. Ignition Gauge fills by +1 when the player is in a winning battle or when he/she is killed by a monster.
The Ignition Gauge is then used to activate Ignitions. Ignitions are stronger boosts that are purchased in the shop via black orbs. They consume Ignition Gauge to use and to maintain during battle. Each Ignition has its own special effect and augment bonus that happens when it's activated. Players can use the command /me reverts from (Ignition Name) to turn the Ignition off manually before the IG runs out.
Added the ability for non-magical/non-AOE techniques to link together to deal additional damage. It's called Renkei. If two techniques that qualify (non-magic) are done to a target before the target's next turn, it will activate a renkei that will deal additional damage to a target. Monsters can use it against players as well.
* Demon Walls
From streak 301 to streak 600 a new boss battle type may randomly generate: Demon Walls. Like in the Final Fantasy games players are only given a small time to defeat the wall before the battle is ended in a loss.
* Elder Dragons
From streak 601 to streak 5000 powerful Elder Dragons will be summoned randomly in place of boss battles.Nearly everything about these dragons are randomly generated, from their resistances/weaknesses to their names.
* Portal Boss Battles
There are now "portal items" in the shop. These items, when used, will teleport all heroes in a battle to a special battlefield where they will fight a special boss. These bosses are usually much harder than normal bosses. Better armor can be found by defeating these special bosses. Successfully beating a portal boss battle will award all participating heroes with allied notes.
* New Currency Types
New currency types have been added: seals and allied notes. Seals are KindredSeal and BeastmenSeal and are
used to purchase portal items. Allied Notes are used to purchase misc/crafting items and seals.
* Ability to Grab Monsters (or players, if monsters do it)
There's a new item available in the shop that, when used, will attempt to snag a target and use him/her/it as a shield. If successful, it basically causes the target to cover the user, thus when something attacks the user, the target will be hurt instead. The odds of the target getting grabbed depend on the level and speed of both user and target. If monsters have snatch=1 in their [skills] they will attempt to do it too. The main difference is that monsters will throw the target away from them on their next turn, thus freeing them from covering the monster.
* Melee Attacks Can Be Countered & New Player Style
Added the ability for melee attacks to be countered. When this happens, the person who attacks will end up taking damage. The chance of countering an attack can be increased by using the new player style, CounterStance, and leveling it.
Battlefields are now in the game. At the beginning of each battle it will generate a random battlefield. Each battlefield has its own scavenge item pool, its own set of weather types that it can pick, and various random events that may happen during the course of battle.
* New Achievements
More achievements have been added to the bot. Also, it's now possible to see which achievements have already been obtained. Use !achievements to see your own or !achievements person to see someone else.
* New Scoreboard Type
The bot can now generate a scoareboard based on the total # of deaths of monsters and bosses. Use !deathboard <monster/boss> to see it, though you may have to wait til enough monsters have been killed.
* Simple Conquest System
As players and monsters battle, the bot will keep track of points. At the end of 5 days the bot will tally up and see who has majority control over the world. When players have majority control they will receive an orb bonus based on the amount of points they had earned during that conquest period (up to 1000 orbs per battle). Players can use !conquest info to see how the conquest is going and how many hours are left before it tallies. The orb bonus, assuming it's less than 1000, can increase or decrease with each new tally, depending on how the players have done for that conquest period. And if monsters take majority control they will lose the bonus completely.
* New Status Effects
- Added the "bored" status. When inflicted upon a target, the target will miss a few turns.
- Added the "confused" status. When inflicted upon a target, the target will randomly attack opponents inc. allies
- Added the "reflect" status. If someone casts a spell on someone who has this status, the spell will bounce back and hit the caster. Curing spells ignore the reflect status though if they heal.
- Added the "protect" status. When on, it cuts melee attacks down by half.
- Added the "shell" status. When on, it cuts magic damage down by half.
* Added new skills:
- Added the passive skill: TreasureHunter. This skill will increase the odds of better colored chests when a chest is generated, and the odds of getting a random item at the end of battle if the monsters have one to give. This skill is cumulative with everyone who has it but in order to take effect, the players must be alive at the end of battle.
- Added the passive skill: BackGuard. This skill will decrease the odds of monsters going first in battle. It's cumulative with everyone who has it and is in battle.
- Added the active skill: Konzen-Ittai. This skill, when activated, will allow you to perform a self-Renkei with a non-magic, non-AOE, technique.
- Added the active skill: Seal Break. This skill, when used, will consume Hankai and attempt to break the Melee-Only ancient seal that prevents players and monsters from using techniques that battle.
- Added the active skill: Magic Mirror. This skill, when used, will consume a MirrorShard and give the user the Reflect status.
- Added the active skill: Gamble. This skill, when used, will consume 1000 red orbs to summon a slot machine that will do something random.
- Added the active skill: ThirdEye. This skill, when used, will allow the user to dodge 1-2 attacks.
- Added the active skill: Scavenge. This skill, when used, will allow a player to try to dig something up out of the battlefield's ground. The items that are possible in the battlefields are set by the bot owner in battlefields.lst. Players can use this skill one time per battle, successfully or not. Each level in this skill increases the odds of finding an item.
- Added the active skill: Just Release. This skill will unleash the stored Royal Guard meter at an enemy. The damage done is (skill level)% of your Royal Guard meter. The damage done with this skill cannot be completely resisted or dodged. Royal Guard meter is built up by successfully blocking attacks using Royal Guard.
- Added the style skill: Perfect Counter. This skill can only be used one time in battle and the user must be using the CounterStance style. When used it will ensure the next melee attack will be countered.
- Added the monster-only skill: Magic Shift. When used, this skill will randomize what element a monster is strong/weak to and healed by.
- Added the monster-only skill: DemonPortal. When used, this skill will allow a monster to create a Demon Portal monster. On the portal's turn, it will generate another monster onto the battlefield provided there's less than 5 monsters on the field. It will only stop when the portal is dead. Monsters with DemonPortal skill can also heal the portal.
- Added the monster-only skill: MonsterConsume. When used, a monster will eat/kill another monster and gain 40% of its stats
- Changed the zombie regen to scale a bit better so that lower streaks won't have 100+ hp regenerated.
- Changed the way red orbs are rewarded so that lower streaks have a much lower max orbs and higher streaks can actually give more than 100%.
- Changed the key and chest drop rates.
- Changed the shop so that there's a cap on the old-style boosts. Players can now only own 500 levels into them.
- Changed the way the bot does the status effects to try and make it show them in the channel better and to block players from being able to control their actions until all of the status effects have been displayed.
- Changed the damage amount that magic special effects (burning, drowning, shocked, etc) do to targets.
- Changed the Melee-Only type battles so that they no longer appear during boss battles.
- Changed the way status effects work so that multiple status effects may be used at a time on techs/weapons/items.
- Changed AOEs so that if the person who initiated the AOE dies at any point during the AOE, the AOE itself will stop cold.
- Changed Quicksilver so that it can't be used multiple times in a row. There has to be at least 1 turn between uses.
- Changed the way the bot gets the items inside the chests. Now bot owners have more control over it. See chests.lst
- Changed !items so that the keys are no longer listed there. Use !keys to see the keys you have.
- Changed the Final Getsuga type boost so that while it's on EVERY AUGMENT will be on at the same time.
- Changed the !items code so that it clears out items that the player has 0 of in their files.
- Changed the curse night and melee-only events so that they won't occur below streak 50.
- Changed the orb reward code so that people who flee from battle will not receive the OrbHunter or Accessory orb bonuses.
- Changed the !scoreboard command to show a varying amount of top players depending on how many players are in the game. It will now show the top 3, the top 5, or the top 10.
- Changed !status and the turn status line to show some of the skills active on the person.
- Fixed a bug in which selling a technique might result in 0 orbs back.
- Fixed a bug in which cover would activate when a monster used taunt on a covered target.
- Fixed an issue where setting a high difficulty would still result in low level monsters on lower streaks.
- Fixed an issue with magic effect deaths in which they wouldn't check for the revive status
- Fixed a bug with chests that gave orbs. It would write a red=orbs orbs orbs line or black=orbs orbs orbs line in the player's item_amount section. That should be fixed now.
- Fixed a bug with the GIVE command in which a misspelled name would cause an error that would stop the bot in its tracks.
- Fixed a bug in which players could exploit the bot using descriptions.
Again, this isn't everything. Be sure to read the versions.txt in the documentation
folder for a full list of everything
May 04, 2013
Apr 30, 2013
Jan 10, 2013